Approved clothing is essential for the protection of competitors. Manufacturers comply with the current safety standard imposed by FIA.
- FIA 8856-2000: Last date to be able to use these garments in the competitions entered in the International Sporting Calendar: 31-12-2028
- FIA 8856-2018: - Obligatory (from 1-1-2020) for the Championships: Formula One - WRC (priority 1 crews)
- Obligatory (from 2020) in the WEC (2020-2021 season)
- Obligatory (from 1-1-2021) for the Championships: Formula 2 - WRX - ERX - Cross Country
- From 1-1-2029, compulsory in all competitions registered in the International Sporting Calendar
- Validity 10 years from the date of manufacture